Onsite flu vaccinations – WA
Work Health Professionals provide onsite flu vaccinations around Perth. We are a Perth based team who visit workplaces located between Mandurah and Yanchep. We also provide onsite workplace flu vacs for mine sites in WA on a fly-in, fly-out basis.
You will love our easy to use online booking system – great calendar integration with email and SMS reminders 24 hours before your appointment.
When is the best time for flu vaccinations in 2019?
As per Department of Health flu vaccination recommendations, we will start our Perth workplace flu vaccination programs in May 2019. Request your quote now so you can secure your preferred dates.
How long does the flu vaccination take?
We will provide you with all of the relevant documentation including the flu vaccine information, consent forms and email links for the online booking system a few days or weeks in advance. Most of the ‘paperwork’ is now all done online prior to your vaccination day. We keep it really easy for you!
It takes approximately 3 minutes for each person to be vaccinated. They will be asked to remain in the vicinity of the vaccination area for around 15 minutes to ensure there are no adverse reactions and they feel fine to return to work.
- Our simple online booking system makes it easier for you to coordinate your workplace flu vaccination program
- You and your employees will get email and SMS reminders 24 hours prior to your appointment
- You also have the ability to save your appointment to your calendar and make changes up to 24 hrs prior.
We will send you regular reports on how many people have booked in for their flu vaccination so you can manage the internal promotion of your health and well-being initiative. It is also a great way for you to track your uptake over previous years.
2019 flu vaccines
The formulation of influenza vaccines for use in Australia is determined each year by the Australian Influenza Vaccine Committee (AIVC) based on information and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO). The committee recommended that the following viruses be used for influenza vaccines in the 2019 southern hemisphere influenza season:
Egg based Quadrivalent influenza vaccine:
- an A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- an A/Switzerland/8060/2017 (H3N2)-like virus;
- a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage); and
- a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage)
The AIVC recommendation for the composition of influenza vaccines for Australia in 2019 introduces a new A (H3N2) like virus strain and new strain for the B Victoria lineage when compared to the composition of the trivalent and quadrivalent vaccines for Australia in 2018.
Lollies boost bravery!
There will also be a big tub of lollies on your arrival so you can take your pick of preferred treats to boost your bravery! Let us know if you have a special favourite to include in our supply for this year.
Workplace flu vaccinations – why provide them?
The flu vaccination cuts your chances of catching the flu by at least half. In a severe year, around 20% of Australians can become infected with the flu and even healthy, young adults may take several weeks to fully recover. Getting vaccinated is the single, most effective way to minimise the risk of contracting the disease.
Providing workplace flu vaccinations is a great way to reduce sick leave, show your workers that you value them and protect your business.
Flu vaccination programs
- Our onsite flu vaccination programs comply with all local legislation governing the purchase and use of the Australian flu vaccine.
- Work Health’s WA certified immunisation nurses will come to your workplace at a convenient date and time.
- We make the organisation really easy for you!
- If you didn’t last time, consider including the whooping cough vaccine this year – adults require a booster every 10 years (the whooping cough vaccine includes a tetanus booster, and can be given at the same time as the flu vaccine).
Protect your workers and business by providing onsite flu vaccinations this year.
Onsite corporate flu vaccinations – Perth
The flu is very easily spread through tiny droplets that are released through talking, coughing and sneezing. The droplets containing the virus may infect someone else by coming into contact with their eyes, mouth or nose. These droplets can also land on and contaminate surfaces, such as tables, cups, pens, keyboards, phones and tools.
Someone else may then become infected by handling the contaminated object and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
- The flu has been estimated to cost 1.5 million lost work days each year.
- Unlike a cold, the flu can last for a week or more, with the feeling of fatigue lasting two to three weeks.
- The influenza virus is highly contagious.
- The effects on your business may linger for weeks as one worker after another gets sick.
- Fatigued, sick workers taking medication are not always safe at work
Protect employees’ health and help stop flu spreading to other staff and clients by providing an onsite flu vaccination program.
Symptoms of the flu
Flu symptoms can develop between 1 and 3 days after someone is infected.
They can include:
- Muscle and Joint Pains
- Fever & Chills
You generally feel very unwell when you have the flu.
Timelines of the flu
- Incubation Period: 24 – 72 hours
- Symptoms: 3 – 7 days
- Recovery: up to 2 weeks
Protect your workers and your business by providing onsite flu vaccinations this year.