Audiometric tests – planning for the new WHS regulations
It is anticipated that the new WA Work Health Safety (WHS) regulations for audiometric tests are likely to reflect that of harmonised States such as NSW and QLD.
Under NSW WHS regulations, clause 58 requires that the employer provides audiometric testing at least every 2 years if hearing protection is used to protect the worker from the risk of hearing loss associated with noise that exceeds the exposure standard for noise (average of 85 dB(A) or peak of 140 dB(C)).
The audiometric testing is to be conducted:
- within 3 months of the worker commencing the work, and
- at least every 2 years
It is expected that the new WHS Regulations will be implemented some time in 2020.
Onsite audiometric testing
WHP’s onsite audiometric testing services are best suited to helping organisations best manage these anticipated WHS requirements.
- WHP have been providing accredited onsite audiometric testing in WA for almost 20 years
- We offer a fully accredited mobile facility and also provide WorkCover accredited FIFO services even if you don’t have an audio booth (ask us how!)
- We provide you with risk management audiometric reporting, including the ability to compare % hearing loss over time by department, role or worker see samples
- We register your results with WorkCover WA (if required)
- We will remind you and organise your 2 yearly testing when due again
- We conduct annual regional road-trips with our mobile facility to support regional organisations and work sites.
Our WorkCover hearing test truck heads North in August most years providing support for the regions to meet their OHS and WorkCover requirements. Services available include:
- WorkCover hearing tests
- Noise Surveys
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Ear plug fit testing
- Lung function testing
- Air monitoring
The regions we visit on the NW road trips include the MidWest, Gascoyne, Pilbara and Kimberley.