Onsite flu vaccinations – WA
Work Health Professionals provide onsite flu vaccinations around Perth. We are a Perth based vaccination team who visit workplaces located between Mandurah and Yanchep. We also provide onsite workplace flu vacs for mine sites in WA on a fly-in, fly-out basis.
We do all the work!
We will provide you with the relevant documentation including the flu vaccine information, consent form and email links for the online booking system. Most of the ‘paperwork’ is now all done online prior to your vaccination day. We do our best to keep it really easy for you.
Our immunisation nurses are efficient and self-sufficient – all you need to do on the day is allocate us a private, clean space.
It takes approximately 3 minutes for each person to be vaccinated. They will be asked to remain in the vicinity of the vaccination area for 15 minutes to ensure there are no adverse reactions and that they feel fine to return to work.
Online appointment booking system
- Our simple online booking system makes it easier for you to coordinate your workplace flu vaccination program
- You and your employees will get email and SMS reminders 24 hours prior to your appointment
- You also have the ability to save your appointment to your calendar and make changes up to 24 hrs prior.
We will send you regular reports on how many people have booked in for their flu vaccination so you can manage the internal promotion of your health and well-being initiative. It is also a great way for you to track your uptake over previous years.
When is the best time for flu vaccinations ?
As per Department of Health flu vaccination recommendations, we usually start our Perth workplace flu vaccination programs in May. Given the earlier incidence of flu cases in 2019 this may change in 2020.
Request a quote now so you can secure your preferred dates for flu vacs 2020.
2019 flu vaccines
The formulation of influenza vaccines for use in Australia is determined each year by the Australian Influenza Vaccine Committee (AIVC) based on information and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO). The committee recommended that the following viruses be used for influenza vaccines in the 2019 southern hemisphere influenza season
Egg based Quadrivalent influenza vaccine:
- an A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
- an A/Switzerland/8060/2017 (H3N2)-like virus;
- a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage); and
- a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage)
The AIVC recommendation for the composition of influenza vaccines for Australia in 2019 introduces a new A (H3N2) like virus strain and new strain for the B Victoria lineage when compared to the composition of the trivalent and quadrivalent vaccines for Australia in 2018.
Lollies boost bravery!
Given most of us don’t jump at the chance to have a “needle”, our nurses try to make that experience less stressful.
There will also be a big tub of lollies on your arrival so you can take your pick of preferred treats to boost your bravery! Let us know if you have a special favourite to include in our supply for this year.
You will love our online booking system – great calendar integration with email and SMS reminders 24 hours before your appointment.
Workplace flu vaccinations – why provide them?
The flu vaccination cuts your chances of catching the flu by at least half. In a severe year, around 20% of Australians can become infected with the flu and even healthy, young adults may take several weeks to fully recover. Getting vaccinated is the single, most effective way to minimise the risk of contracting the disease and of minimising the spread of the virus in your workplace.
Providing workplace flu vaccinations is a great way to reduce sick leave, show your workers that you value them and protect your business.
Flu vaccination programs
- Our onsite flu vaccination programs comply with all local legislation governing the purchase and use of the Australian flu vaccine.
- Work Health’s WA certified immunisation nurses will come to your workplace at a convenient date and time.
- We make the organisation really easy for you!
- If you didn’t last time, you can consider including the whooping cough vaccine this year – adults require a booster every 10 years (the whooping cough vaccine includes a tetanus booster, and can be given at the same time as the flu vaccine).
Protect your workers and business by providing onsite flu vaccinations this year.
Onsite corporate flu vaccinations
The flu is very easily spread through tiny droplets that are released through talking, coughing and sneezing. The droplets containing the virus may infect someone else by coming into contact with their eyes, mouth or nose. These droplets can also land on and contaminate surfaces, such as tables, cups, pens, keyboards, phones and tools.
Someone else may then become infected by handling the contaminated object and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
- The flu has been estimated to cost 1.5 million lost work days each year.
- Unlike a cold, the flu can last for a week or more, with the feeling of fatigue lasting two to three weeks.
- The influenza virus is highly contagious.
- The effects on your business may linger for weeks as one worker after another gets sick.
- Fatigued, sick workers taking medication are not always safe at work
Protect employees’ health and help stop flu spreading to other staff and clients by providing an onsite flu vaccination program.
Symptoms of the flu
Flu symptoms can develop between 1 and 3 days after someone is infected.
They can include:
- Muscle and Joint Pains
- Fever & Chills
You generally feel very unwell when you have the flu.
Protect your workers and your business by providing onsite flu vaccinations this year.