Audiometric testing for WA mine sites
WHP provide mine site hearing testing services, including WorkCover baseline and air conduction hearing tests, for many mining operations around WA.
As noted in the DMIRS Management of Noise in WA Mining Operations guideline, it is important to “establish a program for workers exposed to noise levels above the action level to have monitoring audiometric tests in accordance with AS/NZS 1269”.
As well as providing mine site hearing testing programs via FIFO services, we have a WorkCover accredited mobile hearing test facility, the “Hearing Test Truck“, that provides onsite hearing tests in Perth and around regional areas of WA.
Mine site hearing testing programs
Our Noise Officers can also conduct a Noise Survey or Noise Assessment as required by WorkSafe and DMIRS.
We offer an online appointment booking system which makes organising your audiometric testing program so much easier!
- Each worker is only required for approximately 10 mins for an onsite hearing test.
- They make their own appointment online
- They receive a reminder email and SMS 24-48 hours prior to their appointment.
- We provide you updates on who has booked in and who may need follow-up
- We also offer a reminder recall system for when subsequent testing is required.
Hearing and lung function testing programs
Whilst onsite, we can also provide lung function testing (spirometry). This is commonly requested for those workers exposed to silica and as part of Health Surveillance for spray painters and powder coaters exposed to isocyanates. A typical appointment for a combined hearing test and lung function test takes only 15-20 minutes.
See more on Health surveillance for isocyanate exposure
To find out more about our mine site hearing testing services and other onsite HSE services in WA please get in touch.
Hearing test truck – regional road trips
Our next regional road trip is in August/September. Matt and the hearing test truck are heading North from Perth to provide onsite hearing tests in the Pilbara, Gascoyne and Midwest.
- Geraldton and the Midwest
- Exmouth and Carnarvon and the Gascoyne
- Karratha, Port Hedland, Onslow, Newman and the Pilbara
- Broome, Derby and the Kimberley
Find out more here